IPHA, the international Prestressed Hollowcore Association, is active in research & development and in the gathering & distribution of information which helps members maintaining a competitive position. IPHA promotes the free interchange of information between members to ensure that they are all at the forefront of prestressed hollowcore technology.
Our objectives are:
- To promote the exchange of experience between all members of the Association in a responsible manner;
- To promote and fund research and development in our industry;
- To ensure that the interests of members are met in the drafting and review of new codes and standards;
- To provide links for clients, customers and specifiers via the IPHA web-site in order to gain access to members’ websites as appropriate;
- To provide a forum for suppliers to the industry to understand the current and future trends within the industry and to interact with manufacturers.
An IPHA Conference is held annually in a different host country. The conference generally lasts three days with members presenting papers on R & D, production, marketing and other relevant matters. There are also guest speakers of international repute and a works or site visit rounds off a comprehensive hollowcore programme.
Members of IPHA arrange visits to each others Works and Offices. All information given or received at such visits is confidential to members as are also the proceedings of the Annual Conferences and the Information Service.
On general and administrative matters, liaison is maintained through the Executive Director. Members are encouraged to contact the Executive Director, a Board Member or a Technical Committee member as appropriate whenever hollowcore problems arise or new legislation or Code applications need clarification