Terry Treanor Award
…an award by the members for the members…
The award of the Terry Treanor Award has become an established part of the proceedings of the IPHA General Assembly.
The Award was first awarded at the conference in Prague in 2005 and was introduced in memory of Terry Treanor. Terry had been Chairman of IPHA since its inception in 1995. He was undoubtedly the driving force behind the success and growth of IPHA to the important centre of knowledge and experience of everything related to the design and production of hollowcore that it represents today. Terry sadly died unexpectedly in 2003 and it was in his honour and memory that the competition and award were devised.
The competition is open to all members of IPHA and is for the best and most innovative use of hollowcore either in its application or production. At each year’s Annual Conference applicants are invited to make a small presentation. It can thus be a specific project, a production technique or a design approach.
The competition and award were devised to commemorate the contribution of Terry Treanor to IPHA and to:
- Demonstrate to the world that IPHA is a living organisation;
- Show good examples of the application of hollowcore;
- Show new applications for hollowcore;
- Show new innovations in production, delivery and erection;
- Provide publicity for IPHA and the participating companies.
The subject of the entry must relate to prestressed hollowcore floors or walls and can be :
- An innovation in any aspect of hollowcore flooring or walls;
- A completed construction project where hollowcore is used in an innovative way;
- A development in production machinery or equipment;
- A development in the manufacturing, transport or erection process;
- A design or software development;
- Innovation in the sales & marketing of hollowcore;
- Improvements in health and safety procedures;
- An innovative use of hollowcore, which proved to be economically advantageous or time-saving.
Applicants are invited to make a 5 – 10 minute presentation of their entry at the Annual Conference. Voting takes place at the Conference and the Award is presented at the IPHA Dinner on the last night of the event.
Application form will be submitted to all members prior to each year’s Annual Conference.
Who won the TT-Award in the last couple of years?
- 2017 – Gruppo Centro Nord, Prefabrication of Tunnels with Hollowcore Slabs
- 2016 – VBI (Consolis), Re-usable activated geopolymerbased hollowcore slabs
- 2015 – United Precast Concrete Dubai LLC, Sharjah Cement – Clinker Shed
- 2014 – Generale Prefabbricati Spa, Shopping Mall in Rome -Design, tests and erection-
- 2013 – No TT-Award was granted
- 2012 – Prefabricats Pujol, Buildings ready to install
- 2011 – Bobcrete, Accurately casting in of stud anchors
- 2010 – VBI, New developments of the climate floor
- 2009 – Echo, lifting loops in Hollowcore and Generale Prefabbricati, Euroma2
- 2008 – Echo & Scia, Making Hollowcore the standard floor solution by a good partnership
- 2007 – Prefabricats Pujol, Innovative Marketing
- 2006 – VBI, Climate floor
- 2005 – Echo, DrainDeck