The 23rd IPHA Annual Conference will be held from May 24 to May 27 in Helsinki.
The theme of the conference is:
‘The SISU philosophy’
PEIKKO, ELEMATIC and TRIMBLE host the conference.
We are happy to announce that the following speakers have confirmed their participation:
- Mr. Pekka Viljakainen, M.Sc., a successful businessman with deep connections to international business, particularly in Russia. He is also the author of the book NO FEAR – Leading a global team of digital Cowbows;
- Professor Jouni Punkki, Ph.D., Professor of Practice in Concrete Technology at Aalto University in Helsinki;
- Mr. Risto E. J. Penttilä, (D.Phil. Oxford University), CEO of Nordic West Office, Secretary General of the European Business Leaders’ Convention;
- Mr. Olli Korander, M.Sc (Civ. Eng), well-known to many of you from his many active years in the precast industry;
- Mr. Ivan Kaic, Sales Manager of Hjulsbro Steel.
The programme also includes a visit to the Peikko factory in Lahti and a construction site in the Helsinki area.
Other activities will include:
- Welcome Dinner on Thursday evening;
- Hosts’ Dinner on Friday evening;
- IPHA General Assembly and Terry Treanor Award on Saturday afternoon;
- Annual IPHA Dinner on Saturday evening.
The hosts have arranged very integrating tours for the partners on Friday and Saturday.
IPHA members have received their invitation and are invited to register.
These pictures were taken during the first day of the IPHA 2017 Technical Seminar in Tallinn.
IPHA welcomes today 128 delegates and 12 presenters from 25 countries in Tallinn, Estonia. During 2 days, the most important chapters of the upcoming fib-recommendations for prestressed hollow core floors are explained into detail.
As a representative of the host companies for the Annual Conference in Helsinki in May 2018, Mr. Topi Panaanen, CEO of Peikko Group, was selected as new board members of IPHA on the General Assembly in Madrid in May 2017.
The host companies are Peikko, Elematic and Trimble.
The 23rd Annual Conference is in Helsinki from 24 to 27 May 2018.
The three IPHA Associate Members Peikko, Elematic and Trimble host the conference.
Invitations to be send out around New Year 2018.
The IPHA 2017 Technical Seminar registration is closed and oversubscribed.
132 delegates have registered, which is the full capacity for the seminar.
At the IPHA 2017 Conference dinner, Gruppo Centro Nord received the 2017 Terry Treanor Award. The topic ‘Prefabrication of Tunnels with Hollowcore Slabs’ was considered by the General Assembly as most innovative topic of the year.
The topic of the IPHA 2017 Technical seminar is:
“Hollowcore Slab and Floor Design – background and examples”
The biennial Technical Seminar is an opportunity for structural engineers to discuss structural design aspects of hollowcore in the broadest sense. This Technical Seminar 2017 focuses on educating the young engineer and the professional engineer in field of structural design of hollowcores. With this course IPHA wants to Continue reading
Our sixth newsletter is now available for downloading.
Besides an introduction by the president, we present a new (6th) chapter of a series on sustainable construction with prestressed hollowcore.
You can read a full report about the 21st annual conference in Budapest, hosted by Ferrobeton Zrt, and the first IPHA Production Seminar, hosted by Prefabricats Pujol (Spain). Continue reading
Tonight, during the IPHA 2016 Conference dinner, VBI, member of the Consolis Group, has received the 2016 Terry Treanor Award. The topic “Re-usable activated geopolymerbased hollowcore slabs” is considered by the General Assembly as most innovative topic of last year.
Congratulations! Continue reading